1. Personal data we collect
We collect the following categories of information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”):
Account Data: If you create an account, we will collect the information needed to authenticate your access to the Service, including your email address.
Financial Data: To the extent any features of the Service are available for a fee, we may collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details.
Communication Data: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Social Media Data: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
2. How we use personal data
Under data protection law, we can only use personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so, for example:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our Terms of Service with you;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use personal data, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To process payments. Reason: For the performance of our Terms of Service with you
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions. Reason: For the performance of our Terms of Service with you
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Reason: For the performance of our Terms of Service with you. Reason: For the performance of our Terms of Service with you
- To analyze how you interact with our Service. Reason: For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, ie to be as efficient as we can in our delivery of the Service to you
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service. Reason: For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, ie to enable us to improve our delivery of the Service to you
- To develop new products and services. Reason: For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to enable us to improve our delivery of the Service to you
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks. Reason: For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to prevent and detect criminal activity that could be damaging for us and for you to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To comply with legal obligations and legal processes. Reason: To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties. Reason: For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to protect our commercial interests and assets
- To tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. Reason: For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to you
Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for promotional purposes (see table above). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed (for example because you are based in the United Kingdom or European Union), we will ask for this consent separately and clearly. We will always treat your personal data with the utmost respect and never sell it with other organizations outside the Jam’s group companies for marketing purposes. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. To the extent you create an account you can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, as applicable, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
3. Sharing and disclosure of personal data
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal data to provide services to us and to you.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal data with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymized but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
4. Data retention policy
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Generally, we store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will delete or anonymize it. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use information that has been aggregated or anonymized so that it can no longer be used for personal identification.
5. Update your information
If you have created an account, you can log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Jam does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to Jam through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. Links to other websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Jam via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. Your choices
In certain circumstances providing Personal Data is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Data that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. If you have created an account, you can contact us to ask us to update or correct your Personal Data.
10. How to access, change and erase your personal information
You can change some of your personal data through the account settings. In addition, if you want to access, correct or delete your personal information you can submit a request by email with the subject line “Personal data request” to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Contact us